Everybody Hates the G.E.D. is the series finale of Everybody Hates Chris.
Chris is told that if he is late to school one more time, he will have to repeat the tenth grade. The next day, Chris fast forwards through his morning schedule, then is the very first kid in class. The next day, Chris is late after going through a whole lot of situations, and told he will have to repeat the tenth grade, so Chris decides he will drop out of high school and get a job. At first Rochelle and Julius are against the idea of him dropping out, but they decide to support him. Chris takes the G.E.D. test and if he passes he will be able to get a job. Meanwhile, Drew wants to perform on the Apollos, but he realizes he doesn't have a talent as he just plays drum on a bucket and has a girl dance with a "I Luv God" shirt, and Tonya graduates from the sixth grade. Rochelle, Drew and Tonya meet Chris at a diner, waiting for Julius. The episode ends with the entire family sitting around a restaurant table, listening to "Livin' on a Prayer" (performed by Bon Jovi) and eating fried crests, as Julius has Chris' G.E.D. results. The last thing said is Chris asking, "What's it say?", then the scene blacks out, ending the Everybody Hates Chris series.
- Chris Rock (character)
- Julius Rock
- Rochelle Rock
- Drew Rock
- Greg Wuliger
- Joey Caruso
- Ms. Morello
- Kill moves
- Mr. Omar
- The ending is a spoof of "Made in America", the finale to the HBO drama series, The Sopranos.
- The last line of the series was: "What's it say?" spoken by Chris regarding his G.E.D results.
- The song that Chris, Rochelle, Tonya and Drew were singing to in the diner was Livin' On a Prayer by Bon Jovi.
- We learn that the reason why Caruso picks on Chris is because he's jealous of his determination and achievement and has crushed his spirit only so he would not feel inferior.
- Chris Rock's actual father, Julius Rock (the inspiration for the show's character) died from peptic ulcer disease in 1988, which is a year after the events of this episode. So it can be presumed that the series was intended to end before the time Julius's death would happen or it could be that Chris was 18 in the last few episodes and the show is about his teen years and when your 18, you are legally a adult.
- In the last episode, Drew mentions that Chris should start working at Red Lobster, where Chris Rock actually did work when he was a teen in his early comedian days.
- Chris Rock did pass his test and got his G.E.D. . Chris's G.E.D. score is revealed on the side of Julius's truck when he pulls up to the diner
- This is the fifth episode that does not end with the familiar lyric "Everybody Hates Chris". The first four are "Everybody Hates the Pilot", "Everybody Hates Sausage", "Everybody Hates Fake ID's" and "Everybody Hates Corleone". Nothing bad happens to him at the end so there is no reason for the theme .