Everybody Hates the Babysitter is the seventh episode of the first season of Everybody Hates Chris.
Julius and Rochelle plan a romantic evening out and hire a babysitter, Yvette , to watch Chris, Drew and Tonya. However, Chris turns out to be more of a babysitter when Yvette continues to come and go from the apartment for some apparent errands. Meanwhile, the restaurant Julius and Rochelle are dining at is robbed and Rochelle knows who one of the robbers are. In the end, Chris tells the truth about the babysitter and Julius demands a refund from Yvette while Rochelle goes to beat her up for not babysitting them (not quite ending up in a bad way for Chris).
- Rochelle wears a wig. In the earlier episodes you can't tell she wears one until the end of the episode.
- The basketball game Chris was watching was an NBA Game (76ers vs The Knicks). Which aired on CBS at the time.
- Tonya (to Yvette): You can't bring that baby in here!
- Chris (to Tonya): I'll handle this. (to Yvette) You can't bring that baby in here!
- Narrator: My mother would never hire someone she thought was irresponsible, but irresponsible people never tell you that they're irresponsible because they're irresponsible!
- Narrator (about Yvette) At that moment I was sure of two things: I wasn't going to be fine and she wasn't going to be right back.
- Chris (to his parents about Yvette): She left us to go get a baby, but then when she came back, she burnt your chicken. So then, this guy came to the door asking for the baby. He said his name was Mario and he was the baby's father. So then when he left, she came back and the baby wasn't here. So then she went too get the baby back, her mother came the door looking for her and the baby. So then they had a big fight about where to live. She said she'd live at Mario's house. Who is Mario?! So then when she came back, she started braiding Tonya's hair. Drew got to watch the game, you guys came back. She's trying to make it look like everything was all peachy and fine. It's not!
- Rochelle (about Yvette): I'm gonna kick her ass. Hold my wig!